Saturday, February 25, 2017

Assignment #20 : Wrapped Object




I decided to take a different approach with the "wrapped object" proposal. When I researched Christo and Jeanne-Claude I mostly enjoyed their wrapped building, bridges, and parks. I thought it was a very interesting concept to wrap something that is so big and and already in nature. However, I wasn't as impressed with the smaller objects that were wrapped. To me the smaller objects didn't do this great idea of wrapping unusual things justice. Because I wouldn't successfully be able to wrap a large scale object to make my photograph as extraordinary as Christo and Jeanne-Claude's I chose to find another approach to the idea of wrapping something. I did some research then came across photoshoots with lights. I was immediately intrigued so I decided what I would do is wrap a model in lights. I thought it would look better than it did because I desired for the lights to be a little more out of focus. But, I still do like the way I interpreted the assignment.



1 comment:

  1. I still have concerns about this showing "wrapped". While I appreciate your concept, the final image isn't as strong as I think it could be. I had one thought - what if you actually used the lights as an outline that wrapped the shape of the figure, as opposed to around (so think of a coloring book and the black outline contour around a shape). I think that might be an interesting approach.

    ReplyDelete